Monday, March 19, 2007

Today's Insanity

Today I am a day older but no wiser! (Actually that is not true as I can actually understand hand signals of #2 below this. - who are currently outside in the snow, and it's snowing, replacing outdoor lights)
Today I am committed to write 20 pages of a new novel in Michelle's Write-on
Today I have two electricians in my house who don't speak a lot of English
Today I hope to find out what all the wires hanging out of a wall in a cupboard do... they have tags on them like 'not sure'; LHSOS; APDHU; and this one which cacks me up 'don't know!'
Today I have to finish reviewing chapters five- ten in WIP
Today I have to grocery shop or drink decaf tea instead of coffee
Today I have to finish the washing, beds etc etc
Today I have to go to bank and send money to son --- again!!! What does he spend it on? Food... books.... yeah yeah yeah.... maybe I don't want to know!
Today I must remember to ring daughter in Oz to wish her Happy 9th Wedding Anniversary (It's actually tomorrow but that will today here this afternoon... figure that out then put in daylight saving and winter time! My brain hurts!)
Today I have torture gym. (my body still hurts from the last time)
Today I lost another .6 of a pound..... 10.6lbs so far.

So what am I doing now... procrastinating!!!!!

Well done girls for CBC Test the Nation - Next time I hope to be able to join you.
OMG Elvis is on the radio.... day is looking up! (Do you really think he is dead?)
Sun is shining through the falling snow...
Hope your day is a good one.

9 comments:

Rene said...

I spent all weekend doing laundry and I'm not done. I have two washers and two dryers and I still have more washing to do.

I'm going to the gym myself today. I don't want to, but I must.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Oh, Robyn, I "feel for you but I can't reach you."
Don't you hate it when days happen like that? I've a million things I should be doing, but I'm not. It will all still be waiting when I get around to it. The most important thing out of that list is GET COFFEE! I answered you on my post, by the way about the label thingie.

Deborah Beckers said...

Hello!!!!

Finally remembered to add you =)

Your day sounds WAY busier then mine. Except for the 20 pages...

I should get working on that!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Robyn! Yeah, I'm having a busy day, too -- cleaning, writing, exercising, critiquing, blogging, cat wrangling, all kinds of things, but all nice things. :)

I hope you have a great day, and I agree with Shelly on her mantra "GET COFFEE!" 8-)

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Hey Girl, Hope you got everything done. I've been working trying to re-do my blog with the help of Blog U. Now my back is out of whack. You asked about the labels and what they do. If you will go to Technorati (in all your spare time)and list yourself, the labels will help people find your blog. At least, that's what I'm told. I'm trying to think of other ways to get folks stopping by to visit. Once I get my blog where I'm happy with it, I hope to do some more visiting, myself. Take care
Shelly

Jenny McB said...

So it is now 755p, my time, did you get it all done? When I am home, and have a lot to do, I have finally figured out that I suffer from ADD Housework disease, where I go to do one thing which leads me astray to another and to another, where nothing gets done. Had to train myself to focus, so funny at this age to still have so much to do.

Great job on the weight loss. Are you doing WW or any other program?

Robyn Mills said...

The Weightloss program/regime I'm on is based on the Truestar Diet plan - 40% protein-30%carb-30% fat and exercise 3times per week cardio 3 time per week abs/weights etc Sunday I have off. I also Drink 3 bottles... oops glasses, of wine over the weekend.
The loss is so slow and I have been very good sticking to the regime... but I think that is because I am going through ' meanpause'. If you are under 50 get that weight off now it is soooo hard to get it off later. Every thing slows down and muscles that used to work suddenly don't do as good a job as before. But I'm hanging in there, I'm determined to loose 20 pounds so I'm half way there... at the rate I'm going I'll be lucky if I hit 15 lbs loss at Christmas.
Shelly I went to your site and wrote you as you know and yes I do have that label tag so will try it out tomorrow... Deb good to see you. rene, Two washers... Cripes I have one and that is enough. Thomma Lyn wow, I've never done cat wrangling... to you lasso them around the legs?
The electricians have gone for the day, I have holes in the walls and wires hanging out - hope they come back.
Have written 5 pages so fifteen to go.
Revised 2 chapters
Washing Done, folded and put away the ironing is another story
Rang daughter - she forgot it was her anniversary so did her husband and so she hopes to earn brownie points...
Didn't get to bank - due to wires and holes and walls
Begged friend to buy coffee for me
Found Elvis CD, it stopped snowing, outdoor lights work,
Beds changed, baths cleaned etc etc Electrician vacuumed!!!!!!
So all in all a good day.
Now back to serious writing.

Wylie Kinson said...

Congrats on the weight loss and the pages...
Yes, Elvis IS dead.

Amy Ruttan said...

Congrats on all of that. Whew, you're way more ahead of the game than me.