Friday, March 23, 2007

Getting fit is a pain the ***!

Today I am sitting drugged and dopey as I type this., vowing never to do burpees with ten pound weights and chin ups again. Last night at torture gym I put out two cervical discs in my neck and strained all the muscles across one shoulder..... Oddly enough I felt it go but it didn't hurt until an hour later. I have scorched and ruined two towels in the microwave heating them up, and have enough pills sitting on my counter to make a pharmacist in a third world country cry. But it's not all bad... I can't feel anything at the moment... back, neck, fingers toes, - I wonder if I'll dribble when I eat.

8 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Oooh you poor thing. Take care of yourself, the back is such a delicate thing and don't overwork yourself again, or else! ;)

Wylie Kinson said...

Back pain/injuries are the most horrible thing in the world!! Unless you've been there, it's hard to imagine that a little ole back ache can also affect neck, arms and legs, depending on where the boo-boo is. (can you tell I have small kids? AND that I've herniated a few discs in the past?)

My sympathy, dear Robyn. Don't fight it -- take the drugs and enjoy la la land until things ease up.

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Golly, Robyn! Get better in a hurry. As Wylie said, don't fight it. I hope you feel better soon. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

Jenny McB said...

Ouch, now I have to go look up a Burpee to find out what it is.

Yea, I really should exercise more, but it hurts...

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, that sounds so painful! Hope you are feeling better today! Thanks for leaving a comment on my Thursday 13 entry. My dad's family is from County Sligo and a few years ago one of my cousins went on vacation and located some of our relatives. I sure want to go too! Wouldn't that be a kick if our relatives knew each other?

Unknown said...

Ouch!! Take care of yourself, Robin. Only go light on the exercise for the next few days, if at all. Think warm baths!

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Did you dribble?

Deborah Beckers said...

Ouch!

My backs still wonky too. Was off Friday, had to get x-rays and get to start physio some time this week.

A word of caution when taking pain killers for long periods of time...

ummm... bulk up on the fibre.

Enough said.

Feel better soon!

Deb