Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day One in Dallas

Hi Y'all
Well finally arrived after a 2 1/4 hr delay in TO because of thunderstorms state side then in TO. Was met at the airport by delightful Angi Platt who is co-ordinator for Authors Literacy and she took me to some restaurant BIG RESTAURANT- that had War in the title and had my first taste of deep fried pickles.... let me tell you they are delicious. If I eat all the HUMUNGOUS servings I'll go home with more than books as excess baggage.
Arrived at hotel to find it quiet as yet though some small groups gathered at the bar giggling into their drinks and sharing arrival stories no doubt. There is a fashion convention on ( rumors of Mary Kaye are yet to be substantiated... will take photos of lobby activity today and post them tomorrow and any celebs I'll try to whip out my camera for a quick pic.
Deb arrived with less hassle and we are about to hit the gym Ha ha...... maybe tomorrow or the next day.
The view is from leaning over the balcony outside our tenth floor room looking down on the lobby area and the largest inlaid floor star in Texas.
Till next time

No comments: