Friday, July 13, 2007

Dallas Report #4

Today it rained... not that it mattered as we were work-shopping from 8:30 - 8:30.... So I now know what temperature a body is incinerated at, that I'm not only a pantser but have a bit of linear, plotter and puzzler thrown in. I heard about the differences between the Luna, Nocturne and Mira Lines and what they are looking for . I know how to embalm a body and that two sentences pitches have to catch the attention with a catchy word and get the core of the story across without too much detail. People have finally stopped talking to themselves but now editors and agents are looking cross-eyed and frazzled and will just about say send it to me to anything. Suzanne Brockmann's workshop was packed to the rafters and hilarious. That the hotel can empty out quickly when the alarms go off after midnight - even if it is a false alarm.
Not bad for 24 hours..... Rita and GH Awards tomorrow. Good Luck TRW Nominees.

1 comment:

Wylie Kinson said...

Thanks for all the updates and pics, Robyn!
Wish I was there :(