Thursday, February 15, 2007

TT#4 - Aphrodisiacs

I'm a romance writer and this comes under research!!!!! According to the Oxford English Dictionary and aphrodisiac is something arousing sexual desire. So with Valentines Day an' all, I asked a group of people, male and female, aged from 6 - 91 what attracted them to a person, and the older ones what 'turned them on'.
  1. Physical features - this was unanimous male and female the first thing that they noticed about a person was something to do with appearance mostly about the head (one person it was leg length and another feet) and covers broader statements such as six yo male -" coz she's pretty", and 9y.o. female "he's sooo cool" to 23 y.o. male 'she's one hot ....". This includes hair colour/texture/length, smile, eye color, laugh, to the way a person moved.
  2. Physical attributes - close second slightly different to #1 in that it was more personal and mostly unprintable but involved breasts, butts, shoulders, height.
  3. Smell - once again 6 yo. male ("she smells nice) and all others agreed. This may be something applied like perfume or after shave. (FYI it is a known fact that each person gives off pheromones that are like a finger print of personal body odour (as opposed to BO), individual to that person that trigger a response from an interested partner. For females this is dominant at certain times of the month when conception is most likely to occur and when they are most receptive to sexual advances).
  4. Attire - ranged from high heels, short leather skirts, tuxedos, leather anything, underwear, sweaty gym clothes, unbuttoned jeans (female), tight jeans(male and female), wet t-shirts, fishnet stockings, slinky dresses etc....comments degenerated into the unprintable
  5. Candlelight
  6. Moonlight - especially moonlight in summer, and moonlight on water
  7. Food - chocolate came top closely followed by champagne. One guy thought pot roast was pretty cool.
  8. Music - the range was as eclectic as the people asked, obviously songs and music is an individual/couple thing. Slower R&B, Jazz and classical being considered most romantic by most.
  9. Warmth/Heat - ranged from tropical holidays and warm summer nights to snuggling under the covers....it is a known fact that warmth encourages intimacy (the guys had their own spin on this involving cold showers)
  10. Firelight - relates to above, but creates it's own romantic ambiance
  11. Satin sheets - turned into satin/silk anything
  12. Steamy showers - I'll let your imagination do the rest with this one
  13. The look - or as 91 y.o. said "He was such a rogue with a sparkle in his eye that I couldn't resist".
Shared sense of humor came next. Also in the top twenty were communication, shared interests, snuggling and erogenous zones -and at that spot this post is done.

21 comments:

Uisce said...

Very interesting, indeed. I learn so much on Thursdays for some reason! I'm curious to know the differences between men and women, though. I was thinking, for men, it's when she shows up, is all. Happy TT, mine's up!

Raggedy said...

What an interesting TT. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

Wow, very interesting responses! And I love what the 91 year old said. :)

Happy TT, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Robin said...

Pot roast? Boy have I been missing the boat all these years...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Happy TT.

1morechapter said...

Interesting list. My husband likes pot roast, too. ;-)

Jewel said...

This is a great list! Especially for those of us who are fortunate to be married to or be with the love of our lives. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this on TT with us! I've posted an anniversary TT if you'd care to take a look! Oh, and a good sense of humor surely gets you through the rough spots!! *smile* Have a great Thursday!!

Caylynn said...

Very interesting! I agree that most of the items on your list can definitely be aphrodisiacs. :) Great list. :)

Happy T13. :)

Amy Ruttan said...

The last one about the look and the old lady had me giggling. Quite funny!

Great list!

Nathalie said...

I loved the comment of the 91 year old :)
Great list, very interesting - I always learn a lot visiting your TTs!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Shiloh Walker said...

oh, definitely the look.

a smile.

the smell. man, i love the way my DH smells.

Anonymous said...

Neat!! I have to agree with your list! :o)

BTW .... You asked me what Diner Dash was. It's a silly game that I *love* for some goofy reason, LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm big on smell and a man's height. I like tall men. Probably because I'm tall myself.

Love your list Robin!

Janet said...

mmm, the love of my life smelled so good to me always!

Blog said...

Very steamy stuff! I'm a personal fan of "the look" -- it goes beyond the physical, you know. It says a lot....

Liz Hill said...

Oh my--the steamy shower really caught my attention--as it always does.

Wow--so glad you came by my 13--really like your blog and we have some things in common. Hope you come back--it's gonna get a little--interesting.

Julia said...

I think this is interesting list! Am learning from your list and enjoying your blog :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Happy Thursday Thirteen and have nice day!

Lori's Light Extemporanea said...

My husband finds Indian food to be an aphrodisiac. Fun TT...thanks for visiting me as well!

BlueBugg said...

smell is a big one for me too....I think DH smells his best when he's a tiny bit sweaty but it hasn't progressed to BO yet.

Jenny said...

Pot Roast...that hilarious! lol!! Neat list and perect for Valentines Day...

Crystal said...

Pot roast! LOL For my husband, it would be steak or lasagna. ;)

Very interesting list. Happy TT! :)

Joy Renee said...

hmm yes. steamy shower. i used that oen in a story once: http://www.geocities.com/joywrite44/STORIES/CandyKiss.html

thanx for visiting my TT. I glad I was able to share a few giggles