Monday, February 19, 2007

Bingeing, Boo-ing and Boats.

I have had an interesting few days. Well they were for me, so let me bore you with them.
Thursday - A friend and I who have birthdays close together went out to lunch... it ended up as a drive in the country and a stop at Lowville and the Lowville Bistro. It was scrummy, I even had wine and dessert and of course dreaded getting on the scales the next morning but knock me down with a feather - I lost 0.6 of a lb.... go figure. (Loss since Feb 1, -4.6lbs, is sooo slow, but at least heading in the right direction - torture gym tonight)
On Friday - Hubby and I went to the local theatre's production of "Old Time Music Hall' and despite being some of the youngest in the audience had a great time,. well done Drury Lane of Burlington.
Then on Saturday - hubby and I were up at 4 am to get to the airport for a day trip to Miami to attend the Miami Boat Show.... WHOOOOOOOOW! It is the second largest in the world, behind Fort Lauderdale, and let me tell those of you who have never been to a boat show... this is one to try to aim for... my eyes are still out on stalks... Mega Millions $$$ of beautiful boat, gleaming and polished, sitting at their owners convenience decked out in every luxury you can imagine... one boat had crews quarters for 8 crew including a chef, and the Captain's quarters were separate. (I would post a photo but for a cyber glitch.)
After I finish this I'm off to brush up on my haute cuisine skills as I think we wont buy a boat in our retirement, hubby can crew and I'll cook, and get hired on as crew and see the world that way. Think of the stories I could write in my spare time... I understand that a lot of these boats get used for a max of three months a year but are crewed full time.....(often including a helicopter pilot. One boat had an 8 seater helicopter.) How the other half lives!
Sunday - back to reality and penance for all that indulgence, I started cleaning out my bookcase.... Does anyone else find it hard to throw/give away books? I put them aside with strong resolution yet somehow they end up back on the shelf.
I'm currently listening to Eric Burdon singing House of the Rising Sun . Next up is Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell album and You took the Words Right Out of My Mouth. Oh Yeah!!!! should help get the rest of the housework done ...
Have a great Monday.

No comments: