Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Shoveling is exercise, right?

God I hope so, as I can hardly lift my arms above my head and to think I have torture gym tonight. I think the weather channel has a weird sense of humor... Some drifts in our driveway are waist deep and as LOL needed to get out guess what I was doing at 6 this morning. So along with the 20cm I shoveled yesterday I feel I have exercised. I live in Burlington ON and I gather it is in the part of Southern Ontario that is getting dumped on. - I can confirm it. The novelty of snow shoveling is wearing thin - and it's still snowing.

My writing yesterday went surprisingly well. Finished my last twenty pages and even did a draft of my cover letter. Got the results of a comp back and came in 7th in my group for my paranormal,it is in the top 10 of 50 so I guess that's okay. At least its not in the sucky, indistinguishable middle. If its really bad you can always do something with it, like light a fire.

FYI I'm not an exercise freak but I want to be fit and active for my old age and to enjoy my grandchildren. Writing is so sedentary so I have to shift some of my blubber. If I was a whale I could sell it - maybe they could turn it into 'Hip Gloss'.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

I vote that shoveling is exercise! I did some yesterday and today. We got about 7 inches. (I am thinking that is pretty close to 20cm. My english to metric conversion isn't as sharp as it used to be.) We had drifts nearly waist high as well.

Snow's a pain to drive in and clean up, but it sure is pretty when the sun is shining down on it like it is here today.

Thanks again for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

LOL @ "Hip Gloss!"

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :)

And oh, sounds like y'all have tons of snow. We haven't gotten much in East TN, alas. I love snow. But I have no doubt it would get old fast if we got too much!

Amy Ruttan said...

I concur with TL, Hip Gloss is hilarious!

We got about a foot, not as much as Toronto, but it was drifting. We're in a storm warning right now. :P

Tired of the snow.