Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Procrastination

I have done my three miles on the treadmill, and in my mind I have read over what I wrote yesterday, and am sitting here pouring over words in the last section of my WIP so I can put it aside for a week then re read it. But that is not happening, why?
It's snowing... nothing new in that as I am in Canada and its winter, but I happen to one of the freaky few who love the white stuff. I love the way if falls silently and looks like marshmallow or Cool Whip. I love the way it changes the landscape and hides the sleeping plants insulating them so that they will surprise me in spring. I look at the fire crackling behind me and think of curling up in front of it with hot chocolate and that book that is saying 'read me next' (An American Childhood FYI). Or that scrapbook I need to finish of that holiday we went on three years ago....
Instead -
I'm itching to get out the door with my shovel waiting for 3 cm so I can start shoveling... maybe it comes from growing up in temperate and hot climates where Christmas is a tinsel tree stuck in the sand and yelling at the kids to come in from waves for cold seafood and rum and fruit icecream cake before it get too hot or melts!
They say we're going to get hit by maybe 20 -50 cms... I wonder if I will feel the same about shoveling snow tomorrow?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love watching it snow as long as I don't have to drive anywhere. Then I'd rather it didn't. :) I wish I had your energy to exercise. I think it would be a great opportunity to work on your story in your head like that. Maye I need to try and work some exercise in.

Rene said...

I'm ready for spring myself. We don't get snow, but February is a weird month here. One day it is hot, the next, we've got cold rain.

I should be at the gym right now, but I'm being a slug. Hmmm...I still have time...

Amy Ruttan said...

Snow fall is pretty, I just hate driving in it and the cold. Ready for spring.

Exercise, must get back into my routine, but I've been so dead tired from overtime at work I can't make myself go to the gym.