Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Catching up.

Okay, so I 've been slack.... its the run up to Christmas and so had a marathon session of card writing and the Christmas 2006 Epistle .... but each day I have been working on my writing too.
My Paranormal is nearly ready to be sent off to LUNA , and Im on my last run through before my last read through then its off to the copier and then in the mail... 108,000 words so it is not something you pick and put down in a second... but fave reviews back from my unknown readers and not too much rewriting (about my 700th rewrite -ok an exaggeration but it feels like it)... so lets hope I get something fave back from those that matter.
I have been trying to decide which is my most favorite Christmas Carol and my least favorite... and have decided that if I worked in retail I think I would hate them all by the end of Christmas...
I got 'Serenity Christmas' from shoppers Drug Mart... thinking it would calm me down..... it put me to sleep and I got nothing done..... Indigo Remix.... not a good idea if you want to singalong and became really irritating.... Are there any Canadian ones.... does anyone know of one...?
Stuart McLeans - Vinyl Cafe on Sundays 12ish on CBC had me in hysterics ... that guy can write life with a humorous slant..... a lady from Burlington ON had a great story read by him....
Cheers Robyn

8 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Christmas Carols ... yes can be tricky to find the perfect one. I like Harry Connick Jr's Christmas Cd which came out a couple of years ago. Just got Nat King Coles Christmas songs (love that man's voice). Maybe if you want Canadian I think there's Anne Murray and Rita MacNeil (but I'm not much into their singing). Good luck with the submittance. I am almost done with Twisted Vines. I didn't want to rush reading through it, I' savoring it like a good wine ... maybe a wine from Mingarra! ;)

Amy Ruttan said...

P.S. I tagged you for a meme on my blog! It's all about fours, Christine Tagged me so I'm tagging you!

Robyn Mills said...

What in the world is a meme and a tag?? I think I'm happy to be both. R

Unknown said...

Tag is literally like the game. :) You're it! If you go to Amy's blog you need to fill in your own details about yourself. :)

Stuart McLean is a riot. I just bought my dad a copy of his latest book for Christmas. I've been trying to read it before I wrap it up. Hilarious.

Robyn Mills said...

I love the story about 'Sam being Gifted'
Looking froward to hearing your comments on Twisted Vines... I want to start reviewing in New Year....
As for Harry Connick Jr... love the guy... did you see him in Memphis Belle?

Robyn Mills said...

Okay I get it... tag...that is where do I find it...?

Robyn Mills said...

I see it.. on Amy's.... put it down to eyes hanging out of my socket from being up until 2 getting last chapters of final review done....

Amy Ruttan said...

Sorry I just checked back now, feel like a heel for not explaining.