Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Post problems

Not blog posts, but our beloved ??? Canadian mail system. I sent a full ms to New York expedited mail before Christmas... my tracking number still has it held in a local Canadian sorting office...... ring Canada Post and am told that until 6 weeks have passed they will not follow it up.....????? So much for expedited mail. I'm just pleased it didn't have to be there in a hurry.
Started First New Diet for 2007.... so far.... 2 pounds lost and body fat up 1%.... what sort of a diet is that. I can hardly move as my muscles are protesting about the exercise they are being subjected to.
Since I'm of the age where 'heat index' is not passion related and according to medical stats I'm virginal territory.... yeah I know I have 3 kids - the stork brought them. It really means that I've not had HRT /antidepressants or other chemcial aids to help treat my 'personal summers', so I have been asked to enter a trial for a new drug... Risks are out lined and appear minimal so decided to go for it. It last 17 weeks and I have a 14% chance of receiving the placebo...I also could put on weight... yeah well we know what side affect I'll get IF I get the drug.

Now the answer to my little photo comp.... the author is Charles Dickens, the building is the Old Curiosity Shop, and it is in the Temple District of London and taken last year when my husband and I did "Charles Dicken's London Walk". This walk took in all the sites of his life in that city and places he got inspiration for some of his characters and stories along with commentary and anecdotes of his life. Our guide was straight out of one of his books and a real delight and so enthusiastic. It was fabulous and I recommend it to anyone. The walking is not arduous but you need comfy shoes, it leaves from Temple and takes about 3 hours and are not that expensive - for London.

Have a successful writing day.... Cheers

3 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Aw man missed the photo Op. Rats.

I'll make sure I hit it this week.

I'm in the middle of revisions, ergh, so I've been MIA for awhile.

I've been on the LA Weight Loss diet for almost a year. I lost about 25 lbs but dropped for dress sizes. So I am happy since I was a 24 and now am a 16 and can shop in "regular" stores.

I'll stop blathering on. Back to revisions.

Robyn Mills said...

Well done, 25 lbs is huge and you should feel really proud of yourself.

Robyn Mills said...

Well done, 25 lbs is huge and you should feel really proud of yourself.