Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jetlag gone and back in the saddle

The Temple of Segesta, in Segesta, Sicily.
Hi everyone I'm back having had a fabulous time in Malta and Sicily after celebrating hubby's 40 years with the German company he works for.
Being a bit of a history nut wandering around ruins like this, and history steeped Malta was a real treat. We even climbed to the highest point of access on Mt. Etna - nearly 10,000 feet and as it was still cold there most of it was in knee deep snow until you hit the steaming slopes then it is black warm volcanic rock, (in the summer it is yellow and black) and while the mountain was steaming it didn't erupt while we were on it.
So now I have to get my head out of the clouds and put it down to get things polished ready for pitching in Dallas.
Attending the TRW meeting yesterday and hearing how well everyone is doing with their writing and listening to Claire Delacroix's presentation of Writing the Synopsis was the perfect place to get inspired. It was also super to meet Amy and Paula.
Inspired and ready to attack the rewrite and synopsis....Cheers Robyn
.

4 comments:

Wylie Kinson said...

Nice to have you back in blogland! And it was super meeting you yesterday. Now I can hear your voice when I read your blog :)

I'd love to visit Malta & Sicily. I've only seen the top half of the boot, from Rome up to Venice and a little in between. One day I'll get back there... *she says with dispair, looking at her two small children and knowing that Disney is the furthest she'll get in a good long while*

Jenny McB said...

What a trip! It must have been fabulous to walk through places you have read about.

Unknown said...

I would love to go on a trip like that. Malta and Sicily...wow. Glad to have you back. :)

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

Sigh,
I've been watching for your return. Sounds like a wonderful trip!
You are coming to Dallas? Squeak! When? I'm 45 minutes away, and I'd love to meet you! Where will you be?