Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Welcome to my Blog Site

Today is the beginning of a new 'techno' era for me, blogging. I didn't really know what it was until I got 'Blogging for Idiots', then I had to get help. TG for Ed Lucy my nerd from Nerds On Site who held my hand through the whole process and dealt with lurking cookies and other cyber thingamies that seemed to be blocking my way.
I'm learning as I go so bear with me. I'm also hoping that you will learn something too, either about blogging (through my mistakes probably) and the art of writing a novel, from its concept to the shelf at your local bookstore ( she hopes).

I write primarily because I love it. I love a blank page and the wealth of possibilities it can contain. All those words lining up to get on to paper to open a whole new world, full of people, their dreams and aspirations, and the rogues and villains who torment them with their devious conspiracies, and winding among them is threaded the magic of romance.

To date I have completed five novels, six, if I count the one in the bottom drawer that will never see the light of day. It is my first born and I haven't the heart to feed it to the paper shredder. I like to think of each completed novel as a step in the evolutionary development of AW (aspiring writer) Robyn Mills. For only by writing am I exposing my weakness for improvement, and building on my strengths.

Stolen Souls, a romantic suspense was a finalist in the Orange Rose 2005 COntest
Stolen Flame, runner up in Central Ohio's Ignite the Flame 2005 Contest.
Witch Hunter's Moon - my current manuscript, is my first journey into Paranormal, and has been requested by Treskillion and Kensington Publishing Houses. It is currently in revision.
Twisted Vines - is my current WIP (work in progress) as part of NaNoWriMo with a target market of Harlequin Presents.

Enjoy my site... come back and visit me and see what is new. Robyn

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Robin. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I'll add you to my list of blogs to read. Good luck, and have fun. :)

Amy Ruttan said...

welcome Robyn to blogging. I'll follow suit with Christine and add you to my list. I'll keep checking back.

Robyn Ferguson said...

Well done, Robyn, for being brave enough to enter the new world of blogging. I'll look forward to checking back periodically.